So Justin and I both really liked this place.
- $1000 total
- includes tables, chairs, kitchen, grand piano, coat room, staff
person, use of their sound system, and total access to the entire
museum, including their permanent exhibits and rooms where the wedding
party can change and get ready
- no preferred caterer list, so we can use anyone we want
- can seat 150 people with small dance floor and buffet space
- street parking in Andersonville
- crappy sound system
- some concern about crowding when everyone is there - we are hoping
to see it when there are tables and chairs set up
Basically, we were impressed by how nice and accommodating the
curator, Karin, was. She was clearly not out to nickel-and-dime
anyone; we were amazed by how much stuff was included and blown away
that she was perfectly alright with guests exploring the museum during
the reception. The gallery had been cleared out in anticipation of an
event they are having there tomorrow. Normally it has an exhibit in
it. She said that the artwork would remain on the walls, but if there
were floor-based displays they would be moved.
So yeah, very successful outing today.